Reporting Phishing Scams/Web Forgery with Firefox
Reporting phishing and fraudulent websites is easy and effortless through the "Report Web Forgery" feature of Mozilla Firefox. Download Firefox and enjoy the benefits of protection against fraudulent websites as they are identified and reported by other Firefox users around the world. You will enjoy protection against websites similar to the ones you report through this feature.
To report a phishing site do the following:
- If you believe that the current website is fraudulent, simply click on Help and then on Report Web Forgery.
- The URL of the suspected website will be entered automatically into the first input box of the page. If you want to report another URL, replace the current URL with the one you want to report.
- Enter the letters, shown in the image, into the box just below the image. This is done to distinguish manual submissions from automated ones.
- Enter any additional information in the box reserved for Comments, but this is optional and you can leave this box empty.
- Once you are done, click on Submit Report.
- The Phishing Protection in Firefox 2 is powered by Google. Google's Anti-Phishing team will review the reported site before adding it to their database, so it will do no good to send them false reports.